“These young Montanans embody the spirit of service that is at the core of our values as a state,” Governor Bullock said. “This year, more than ever, we need folks like these students who get out there and work to effect positive change in their communities. This is only the start of what is likely a lifelong commitment to service, and I cannot wait to see what each accomplishes in the upcoming years.”
This year, 12 student volunteers across Montana will be recognized by their school during virtual events and ceremonies. Additionally, each winner will receive a certificate signed by Governor Bullock and their college president.
2020 Montana Student Volunteer Award Winners:
- The University of Montana Western | Tristan Stockton
- Blackfeet Community College | Christie Farmer
- Carroll College | Hailey James
- Flathead Valley Community College | Tomara Hanks
- Fort Peck Community College | Gifford Standing
- Great Falls College Montana State University | Gary Trotchie
- Miles City Community College | Wacy Arndt
- Montana State University Bozeman | Isabelle Cuthbertson
- Montana State University Billings | Emmalith Phipps
- Montana State University Northern | Jennell Huff
- Rocky Mountain College | Nicholas McBride
- The University of Montana Missoula| Mia McKinney
Nominations for the Montana Student Volunteer Awards open at the beginning of the fall semester and close in October. For information about individual award ceremonies, contact the college’s Campus Compact advisory committee member or Josh Vanek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Governor’s Office of Community Service expands and promotes national service and community volunteerism in Montana and engages citizens in service. For more information please visit serve.mt.gov.