The University of Montana Western’s Vision for the Future
Montana Western is gaining quite a national reputation. We are becoming known for our outstanding quality, emphasis on student success and innovative approach to higher education.
There is a big difference at UMW. We are the only U.S. public college or university in which you take one class at a time, three hours each day for 18 days before moving on to the next. We call this innovative program Experience One.
Students are gravitating to the University of Montana Western from the region and around the U.S., drawn by the reputation above and a reputation for academic excellence.
With our university’s continued growth and success, we see a vision for our university’s future. Give now and experience together how we can make a difference.
- Scholarship support to increase the access to opportunity at Montana Western.
- Travel study scholarships to increase opportunity for study abroad.
- Endowments for Faculty Positions, Professorships, Honors Programs and a Language Study Program.
- New science labs and classrooms.
- Upgrade to the BARC (Bulldog Athletic Recreation Center) with new Health and Human Performance classrooms, offices and labs.
- Business Department—Entrepreneurship Center.
- A Center for Experience One, share the X1 model and methods.
- A Fund for Experience One, experiential learning opportunities.
- An Endowment to fund undergraduate research.
- Funding for Dance with Words, On the Rocks, and Bridges to Business speaker series.
- Continued funding for the performing arts series.
Land and Campus Enhancements
- Acquire fields and properties south of campus.
- Enhance Community Garden, create classroom area, learning park east of community garden.
- Rebuild historic perimeter wall fence along Cornell Street.
- Parking lots, campus walk-able bike paths, green space improvements, and gateway and entrance features.
- Re-purpose south campus houses for new buildings and parking.
- Renovation of Vigilante Stadium which includes construction of a pavilion & entrance features.
- Redevelop part of the old Cubs Field into parking and outdoor recreation space.
- Endowed coach positions and an athletic fund.
- Practice facility for Rodeo Team.
- Renovation of the lobby area in the front of the BARC, in conjunction with the HHP & wellness upgrades.
- Renovation of locker rooms in the Straugh gymnasium.
Student Life & Living
- In conjunction with the new Health and Human Performance classrooms, offices and labs, create new campus wellness and recreation facilities with expanded space for students. BARC (Bulldog Athletic Recreation Center) Upgrades.
- Upgrade Student Union Building for campus and community use.
- Enlarge dining service facilities.
- Student housing and residence halls that create a more lively residential campus, encouraging lifelong friendships and intellectual growth.