The University of Montana Western’s Vision for the Future
Montana Western is gaining quite a national reputation. We are becoming known for our outstanding quality, emphasis on student success and innovative approach to higher education.
There is a big difference at UMW. We are the only U.S. public college or university in which you take one class at a time, three hours each day for 18 days before moving on to the next. We call this innovative program Experience One.
Students are gravitating to the University of Montana Western from the region and around the U.S., drawn by the reputation above and a reputation for academic excellence.
With our university’s continued growth and success, we see a vision for our university’s future. Give now and experience together how we can make a difference.
- Scholarship support to increase access to opportunity at Montana Western.
- A Fund for Experience One, experiential learning opportunities.
- Upgrade to the BARC (Bulldog Athletic Recreation Center) with Student Wellness Center
- An Endowment to fund undergraduate research.
- Travel study scholarships to increase opportunity for study abroad.
- Funding for Dance with Words, On the Rocks, and Bridges to Business speaker series.
- Continued funding for the performing arts series.
- Endowments for Faculty Positions, Professorships, Honors Programs and a Language Study Program.
Land and Campus Enhancements
- Acquire fields and properties south of campus.
- Enhance Community Garden, create classroom area, learning park east of community garden.
- Parking lots, campus walk-able bike paths, green space improvements, and gateway and entrance features.
- Creation of a new Sports & Activities Complex on UMW campus.
- Endowed coach positions and an athletic fund.
- Practice facility for Rodeo Team.
- Renovation of the lobby area in the front of the BARC, in conjunction with the wellness upgrades.
- Renovation of locker rooms in the Straugh gymnasium.
Student Life & Living
- Addition of a Student Wellness Center to promote overall well-being for our students.
- Upgrade Student Union Building for campus and community use.
- Enhance dining service facilities.
- Student housing and residence halls that create a vibrant residential campus, encouraging lifelong friendships and intellectual growth.