Alpha Delta Kappa (ADK) – Delta Chapter Scholarship
International Honorary Organization for Women Educators
Awarded to a female junior or senior with a minimum 3.0 GPA who is an education major who has been admitted into the Teacher Education Program.
1. Applicant must be a junior or senior woman at the University of Montana Western and must be enrolled for the following fall semester.
2. Applicant must be an education major and must be admitted into the Teacher Education Program.
3. Applicant must submit an official transcript showing a 3.0 GPA or higher and a minimum of 2 semesters completed at the University of Montana Western.
4. Applicant must write a letter to the scholarship committee stating her career goals and why she desires to pursue a profession in education.
5. Applicant must include at least 2 letters of recommendation. At least one must be from a professor in the Education Department at UM Western. All letters should cite examples of her ability to work with children. Letters should highlight accomplishments, leadership, and experiences working with children during the past 3 years.
6. Applications must be received by March 1.
****Additional consideration may be given for applicants who have a relative who is a member of Alpha Delta Kappa, such as a mother, a grandmother, or an aunt. If so, the applicant should identify the member’s name and chapter. This is not a requirement.
Updated March 2020